How To Get Started
Book your free initial consultation now to learn more about how therapy can work for you. Take your first step towards making a change today!
How Does It Work?
Starting therapy can seem like a lot of work, but don’t worry – it doesn’t have to be!
In just 3 steps, you can be well on your way to living the life you want to live.
- Schedule a free 15 minute initial consultation with a therapist that suits you
- Meet with the therapist to learn about each other and determine whether it makes sense to work together
- If you both decide it makes sense to work together, schedule your first session.
The initial consultation is an important first step to making a change! To learn about the difference between an initial consultation and a first session, see our blog posts.
How Does It Work?
At Coronado Psych, you can easily schedule your initial consultation with a licensed psychologist.
Here’s how to get started:
- Click on the ‘Book Initial Counsultation‘ button below.
- Select ‘Initial Consultation‘ service.
- Select ‘Coronado Psych Video Conference‘.*
- Use the calendar to select the day on which you want to book your appointment.
- Then select the time that best suits you.
- Enter your name, email address, telephone number, and credit card information. (NOTE: There is no charge for the initial consultation, but we do require a credit card to confirm your booking.)
After you send your request, you will receive a confirmation email with the link to the online session. Currently all sessions are being scheduled through telehealth.
Don’t want to book online? Hoping to speak to someone sooner? Give us a call at 619-554-0120. We are happy to schedule sessions over the phone, and we may have last-minute availability.
What Happens at the Initial Consultation?
Want to find the best therapist for you? The initial consultation allows you to learn how a specific provider can help address your unique needs and goals, ensuring that you find the right “fit.”
3 Goals of the Initial Consultation
- Learn more about the therapist.
- Briefly assess your needs and goals for therapy.
- Inform you about how a therapist can help.
What Happens at Your First Session?
Ever wonder what the first session of psychotherapy is like? Understanding the goals of a typical first session can help you make the most of your time with your new therapist.
3 Goals of the First Session:
- Learn about practice policies and limits to confidentiality
- Assess your symptoms
- Discuss goals and further gauge “fit”
Existing Client? Click below to access your client portal.
Request a Callback
Interested in learning more? Have additional questions? If you’d like us to contact you, send us a note and we will get back to you shortly.